The French Napkin Fold
Look at me, I’m sophisticated. Look at me, I’m elegant. Look at me, I’m going to be used to wipe someone’s messy face! Sec re Bleu! The french fold is a nice simple napkin fold that requires no special skills or tools (well… hands are helpful).
1. Lay the napkin face-down in front of you.
2. Fold the napkin in half diagonally.
3. Orient the napkin so the long side is on the left.
4. Fold the far corner of the napkin diagonally towards you and to the right so that the crease falls an inch or two short of the right-most corner and the newly formed point at the bottom is a few inches to the right of the left one.
5. Fold the right-most point towards you, pivoting at the same place the last fold pivoted. Use the finished napkin to drape the dinner place. Very classy and uncomplicated.