The Necktie Napkin Fold
Now your guests can wipe food off of their expensive ties with… inexpensive ties! Isn’t that special? This one’s easier with limp napkins, but if you only have stiffies then an iron will make this simple to do. Remember that the larger the napkin is, the longer the tie will be.
1. Lay the napkin face-down and orient it so that one of the corners points to you.
2. Starting at the upper tip, fold the right side about 1/3 of the way diagonally to the left. Don’t press the fold down yet.
3. Repeat the last step with the left side and then adjust them both if needed so that both sides are symmetrical. Now press down the folds.
4. Fold the right side in about 1/3 of the way starting from the upper tip, similar to what we did in the last two steps. Don’t press it down yet.
5. Repeat the last fold along the left side and adjust for symmetry. When you’re happy with the shape of your tie, press the folds down.
6. Fold the upper 1/3 of the tie diagonally to the right so the tip of the tie is perpendicular to he lower part.
7. Turn the tie over so the tip is now pointing left.