The Rose Napkin Fold
Despite looking fairly elaborate, this fold is an easy one, and it can be done with almost any variety of napkin. Display small bowls or glasses on top of these, or use them as novelty cocktail napkins.
1. Lay the napkin face-down in front of you.
2. Fold the two right corners of the napkin in so the tips rest at the center.
3. Fold the remaining two corners of the napkin in so the tips meet with the last two in the center.
4. Once again, begin folding the outer corners in so they meet at the center.
5. Once all of the tips are folded you are left with a square about 1/4 the size of the unfolded napkin.
6. Flip it over.
7. Fold the corners in so they meet in the center and then place something sturdy in the center, or hold it with your fingers.
8. While maintaining downward pressure in the center of the napkin, reach underneath each corner and pull out the flaps to create petals.
9. Remove the center weight and your rose should look as pictured here.
10. If you like you can reach underneath the center of each side and pull out a second set of petals to fancy it up some more. Place something in the center and you’re done, have a rosy meal!