The Sail Napkin Fold
This is one of the simplest standing napkin designs there are, but you will still need a stiff napkin if you expect it to stand without flopping over. Who’d have thought you’d be starching your dinnerware?
1. Lay the napkin face-down in front of you.
2. Fold the napkin in half and orient the open end towards you.
3. Fold the far-right corner diagonally to the center of the side that is closest to you. The edge of this flap should run down the center of the napkin.
4. Repeat the last step with the other side, folding the far-left corner diagonally to rest right along side the previous fold.
5. Fold the napkin in half by bringing the center seam up from the work surface and allowing the ends to fall backwards. Smooth down the folds so it stands nicely and whala! A fast and easy standing-fold for your dinner party. Now you can sail across the seas on your dinner plates.