The Slide Napkin Fold
This napkin folding technique is good for those dinners where you want something fancy, but not too complex. This requires either stiff material or starch.
1. Lay the napkin face-down in front of you.
2. Fold the napkin in half and orient the open end towards you.
3. Fold the napkin into quarters.
4. Orient the napkin so that the open end is pointing away from you.
5. Fold the napkin in half by bringing the far end up to the front. Press this fold down well.
6. Take the top-layer of napkin and fold it back, making a crease about 1/2"-1" before the top.
7. Flip the napkin over, keeping the single-layer tip pointing away from you.
8. Fold the napkin in half from left to right and press the fold down well.
9. Open and stand – Very nice!