Welcome to Napkin Folding Guide. Here’s the exquisite Standing Fan Napkin Fold. As usual, and iron helps but is not necessary. This fold creates a beautiful fan to delight your guests.
The Standing Fan Napkin Fold
Elegant and decorative, this is a classic napkin folding technique. As usual, and iron helps but is not necessary.
1. Lay the napkin face-down in front of you.
2. Fold the napkin in half and orient the open end towards you.
3. Fold the napkin like an accordion starting at either narrow end. Leave one end with 2-3 inches of unfolded napkin to support the standing fan.
4. Fold the napkin in half with the accordion folds on the outside.
5. Grasp the unfolded corners where they meet on the open end and fold them in diagonally, tucking them under the accordion folds.
6. Open it and stand it up. A beautiful fan for a beautiful dinner.